A very common ailment that affects almost everyone at least once in their lifetime is fever. It is characterized by the rise in temperature of the body.
The Cause of Fever
Human body temperature is normally 98.6 F or 36 C in normal conditions. When there is a rise in it, it is known as fever. Fever is measured by an instrument known as thermometer.
This can be accompanied by other common symptoms like body ache, sore throat, head ache, burning eyes, coated tongue, feeling of heaviness, excess saliva production, nausea, loss of appetite, and so on.
Other Symptoms of Fever
Depending on the type of fever, the other symptoms like vomiting, chills may develop.
External injury, changing climatic conditions, strain, throat or any other infection, any poisoning or insect bite can cause fever. Even on vaccination, we tend to get fever. There are many kinds of fevers: jaundice, malaria, typhoid, dengue, and so on.
We may not visit a doctor for a simple fever; however, would take a pill to bring it under control.
Fever is generally not considered as an ailment, but a signal to the brain stating that something is not correct with our body.
There is no particular treatment to this ailment. There are medicines available to reduce the body temperature back to normal, and also the other symptoms raised with it.
You can try home remedies listed below for a simple fever:
– The patient can drink lots of hot liquids like vegetable soups, water, barley water, and porridge that can be easily digested.
– He should avoid oily food, junk food, or rich food that cannot be easily digested.
– Cow milk can be given to the patient, as it is easily digestible.
– Rest is a must. It is better to cover blanket over the patient so that he sweats. Sweating brings down the fever.
– Mash a small piece of ginger, boil with water and jaggery. After straining the mixture well, you can drink that liquid.
Curing ailments naturally will not give you any side-effects or problems.