The eyes are one of the most beautiful and precious of our senses, so important that they are commonly assimilated to express how precious any thing and / or person is to us.
Different Doshas for Eyes
In Ayurveda, human eyes are treated as the Kapha version and the eyes tend to generally clear and large along with dense eyelashes while those fall in Pitta doshas tend to be sharp, infiltrating and sensitive to the point of being pretty susceptible for reddening and itching. While for people who are categorized in Vata, their eyes tend to be dry, small, and constantly having nervous looking.
We should know that our eyes are very sensitive body organ and for that reason Ayurveda health and wellbeing inscriptions recommend alternative methods and remedies to heal any ailments caused to the eyes. However, the most important thing for us to do is to provide a good protect of our eyes from any damage and curing disorders of eyes immediately for good sake.
There are a lot of safety measures that we should considered, for instance, Ayurveda is highly advices anyone to keeping away from reading under insufficient lighting environments and, not to watch TV for a long period of time.
Take a look at a home remedy in Ayurveda’s list of home made therapies and natural herbal medicines;
Dry or Dull Eyes
Dull eyes are caused by the increase of the Kapha while dryness derives from the aggravation of the Vata as it is found written on the history of herbal medicine.
– A few drops of honey, sesame oil or ghee applied directly to the eyes.
– 1 or 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds boiled in a cup of water until only ½ of it remains. When cool, use as eye drops.
– Wash feet with warm water and massage.
Tense or Blood Shot Eyes
Tension and blood shots reflected in the eye can be caused by fatigue and insufficient sleep, stress, pollution and even smoke. Indian herbal medicine teaches us that all these actions aggravate the Pitta Doshas that consequently cause the eye tension and blood shots alike.
– Put on 3 drops of pure rose water to the eyes.
– Use some cotton and soaked in rose water, aloe-vera or milk. Then lay down and apply them on the eye lids for 10 to 20 minutes.
– Get some slices of cucumber and put them on the eye lids for 20 – 30 minutes.
– Take 2 or 3 boiled figs, a tablespoon of raisins, and a glass of milk. Mixed them together and drink a glass every morning. This can be a great natural herbal medicine that can provide a great protection for your eyes.
Alochaka Pitta is the responsible factor for the maintaining of the eye sight that unfortunately deteriorates with ageing. Ayurveda herb remedies cater for many ailments that enhances the prevention of weakened eye sight.
– Grind half a cup each of almonds, aniseeds and raw sugar, mix and divide into 40 portions to consume 1 per day with a cup of warm milk.
– Meditate daily to the flame of a candle.
– Rinse your eyes with water daily.
– Rest your eyes when working for long periods.
– Consume daily a mix of 1 tablespoon of honey and some cardamom seeds.
Taking Care of The Eyes and Their Functions
One common mistake that nearly everyone does is to take our eyes for granted until we encounter a disorder.
Using herbal medicine natural prevention treatments or direct consumption of herbal products as directed by Ayurveda health texts will help you achieve better eyesight and suffer fewer disorders.
Read on for simple yet most efficient Ayurveda suggestions for maintaining a healthy eye sight and general eye wellness.
Every morning, before sunrise, wash your face with cold water. After filling your mouth with water, close your eyes and sprinkle with water for 10 to 15 times.
Do not wash any part of your face when it’s sweating.
Do not; stare for long (especially at a long distance or in bright sun light). Also avoid reading, writing and/or working in improper light settings.
Staying up late at night and sleeping after sunrise are both harmful for the eyes.
Protect your eyes from dust, smoke and wind. In case you are in such conditions, blink your eyes frequently and gently massage the eyes, always according to Ayurveda India inscriptions.
Regular exercising of your eyes by simply moving your eyeballs in any direction is also advisable home remedy in Ayurveda’s suggestions for the eyes’ list.
Another simple but effective Ayurveda treatment for the eyes is known as palming whereas one has to rub his palms for around 30 seconds and soon afterwards pose gently on the closed eye lids.
Raw cabbage or carrots are very beneficial for the eyes and can be consumed as juices and even mixed with each other.
One can also apply Triphala (Ayurveda care herbal product) if available. Wash the eyes with a mix of Triphala powder with water after it has been left to dissolve overnight.
One drop of honey per week is also suggested by Ayurveda herb remedies’, irritating but a good cleanser for the eyes.