Menopausal Syndrome: Menopause is a natural or usual hormone (estrogen) deficient and lacking situation that mainly found at the age of 40-50 years in women.
Above the age of 40 years, ovaries decrease their creation, the hormones of sex.
As an effect, the menses with another body part of functions are concerned or disturbed. At last, the menses cease eternally.
Symptoms: – The most common symptoms of Menopausal Syndrome (Rajonivarti Lakshan)
1) Anemia, Weakness.
2) Feeling of extreme heat in the body on a few occasions.
3) Profuse sweating continuously at night.
4) Unnecessary falling of hair.
5) No regular menstrual periods with excessive or insufficient bleeding.
6) Burning and improved occurrence of micturition.
7) Vaginal aridness and itching.
8) Pain in Joint.
10) Short-tempered nature.
11) Sleeplessness Lassitude or feeling weakness.
Ayurveda Treatment or utilization: Ayurveda, the life of science, recommend or suggest the holistic and effective treatment of Menopausal syndrome by utilizing different herbs, medicine and minerals and provides a consistent option to the straight or usual treatment.
Tips to get the proper effect of Ayurveda in Menopausal Syndrome (Rajonivarti Lakshan):
- To recompense for the less calcium in the human body, ready to consume or take more of fully calcium foods and supplements like skimmed milk and palak.
- To maintain a check out on body level of cholesterol.
- Nourish the body with full, natural foods. Keep away from saturated or extra fats like cheese, rice, and butter.
- In its place eat less fat supplements.
- Have a sufficient amount of unsaturated or extra fat like sunflower oil and corn oils in daily diet.
- Control the limit of intake of tea or coffee to only one to two cups daily.
- Keep away from a sedentary or sitting lifestyle.
- Use exercise on daily routine but after consulting the doctor to keep fit all the time.
Basics: Almost each and every woman at little time in her reproductive or recycled life experiences that serious or heavy bleeding during the menstrual period.
Few women have serious periods almost in all monthly cycles.
Menorrhagia is the medical term for unnecessary or prolonged menstrual bleeding or both for women during her menstrual period.
This condition is basically known as hypermenorrhea. It is not necessary that every woman menstrual cycle would be the same.
The common or normal menstrual flow of bleeding occurs nearest about every 28 days of periods, lasts four to five days, and generates a full blood loss of 70 to 250 milliliters.
Symptoms of Menorrhagia (Atyartava):
- Menstrual flow that immerses through one or more hygienic pads or tampons every hour for numerous successive hours.
- The need to use double hygienic or sanitary protection to manage the unnecessary menstrual flow.
- The need to modify hygienic or sanitary protection during the night especially.
- The menstrual period that lasts longer than six to seven days.
- Menstrual flow that contains large clots of blood.
- Serious menstrual flow that obstructs your normal or ordinary lifestyle.
- Regular pain in your lower abdomen during the menstrual period.
- No regularity of menstrual periods.
- Fatigue, exhaustion or shortness of breath, or the symptoms of anemia.
Hormone imbalance. In a usual or normal menstrual cycle, a proper balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone controls the buildup of the inside layer of the uterus (endometrium), which you hut during the menstruation.
If a hormonal imbalance founds, the endometrium develops more and finally sheds by way of serious menstrual bleeding.
Uterine fibroids. These no cancerous or benign tumors of the uterus show during the years of childbearing.
Uterine fibroids may reason heavier than normal or extended, irregular menstrual bleeding.
Leuchorrea (Shweta Pradar)
Basics: Basically Leuchorrea is the most common disease which is found in women. And it is the most serious problem among the menstrual women.
Symptoms: Continuously flow of white blood from the women’s vagina causes general weaknesses backache, debility, headache, or constipation.
Causes/Dosha: Kapha is the main cause of Leuchorra.
Pathogenesis: Ayurveda says that sure diets and healthy lifestyle exaggerates dosha or Kapha in woman’s body.
This aggravated Kapha infects the vagina and increases stickiness and dying in the vagina with a substantial white discharge badly.
Medicinal Treatment: Pushyanuga Churna, Pradrank Churna,
Medicine: Mix one teaspoonful of Amla or Indian Gooseberry paste with one teaspoonful honey. Take this mixture paste two times in a day.
1.) One goblet rice and boil until rice is converted into soft and add up with six cup boil water.
Sifter the rice. After completion of this process of water, gruel takes a single cup of gruel of rice and mix salt, black pepper a one and half teaspoonful. Drink warm.
2.) Immerse four to five grams of fenugreek kernels in 200 ml. water.
Boil and diminish it up to 100 ml. Then Filter and drink hot twice or thrice a day.
Keep away from continuous reading, inspection, or listening to sexually stimulating materials.
Regular or pure, easily digestible food should be taken at expected intervals.
The mind should be pure.
Vasti with the herbal decoction.
Yoga: Yoga is another part of treatment getting proper to relive from Leuchorrea (Shweta Pradar)
Diet: keep the cleanliness of those organs. Clarity of mind or positive thinking is very significant. Keep away from non-vegetarian eatable, the unnecessary quantity of puddings, onion, garlic, roasted, pickles, oil, sour foods and potatoes, too much greasy and fried food. Take care bowels are well purifying or clear frequently.
Osteoporosis – The Scourge of Post Menopause In Women
Osteoporosis is a disease that involves an accelerating decline in bone density, and as a result, causing easy bone fractures. Generally, for women, the density of bone steadily grows until the age of 30. This is the age for women to get the strongest bones. After the age of 30, the density of the bone starts to decrease slowly and gradually. The decrease accelerates after menopause.
In this condition, the bones become porous and full of holes. The bones in your body are transforming and reviving throughout the entire life.
However, the condition starting getting deteriorates when the reviving rate does not keep up with the breakdown pace. There are over 14,000 women die every year after breaking a bone as a result of osteoporosis – more than the number who die of breast cancer.
One-third of women age over 50 have osteoporosis as opposed to one in nine men. This is partly due to the fact that when they reach this age women go through menopause leading to a fall in the hormone estrogen, which can help to protect against the disease.
Causes Could Be:
- Insufficient calcium in the diet
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Thin build
- Use of corticosteroids or thyroid hormones
- Early menopause – alcohol and tobacco.
Progressive low bone density may cause bones to collapse and deformities. Vertebrae are more prone to fracture in osteoporosis causing back pain. Even minor strain or fall may cause fractures.
Your chances of developing osteoporosis are higher if:
- You have a family history of osteoporosis.
- You suffer from an eating disorder such as anorexia.
- You have irregular periods.
- You’re taking some pharmaceutical drugs, including steroids.
- You don’t take enough exercise, or conversely, exercise too much.
- You’ve been through early menopause or hysterectomy.
- You have heavy alcohol, fizzy drink, and caffeine intake.
- You smoke cigarettes.
Ayurvedic Preventive Measures
High acid foods can remove calcium from the bone, so it is important to eat more alkaline foods, such as fruit and vegetables. The most acidic foods are red meat, cheese, caffeine, and sugar.
- It’s important to cut down on caffeine, which decreases the absorption of calcium and increases its excretion through the urine, as do salt and sugar.
- Aerated drinks are very high in phosphorus, which encourages the body to believe it needs more calcium, which it takes from bones. They also contain caffeine and sugar.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables – preferably organic, but not spinach or rhubarb – as they block calcium absorption.
- Stock up on is flavones found in lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, garlic, sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds.
- Other bone-strengthening foods include whole grains, such as rice, oats, barley, wheat, and sprouting vegetables like alfalfa.
- It’s important to ensure a good intake of calcium, magnesium, and essential fatty acids such as fish oils or flaxseed oil (linseed) on top of taking a multivitamin. You take vitamin D, calcium, and fish oils it will help your body’s uptake of calcium.”
Yoga As An Ayurveda Complementary Therapies
Yoga is known to benefit health in a variety of ways, yoga is excellent for developing balance – if someone can stand on one leg they are far less likely to fall over! it improves flexibility, keeps the body supple, and encourages people to breathe properly. Most people breathe in a shallow way and do not get enough oxygen to the cells of the whole body.
Combine lifestyle advice with herbal medicine and nutrition. Naturopaths suggest vitex agnus castus regulate hormones and help the body to produce progesterone, which is needed to prevent osteoporosis. Women who are at risk need to supplement with magnesium as so many are deficient in it, as well as boron, which has an effect on the metabolism of estrogen.”