Every woman has two ovaries inside her body wherein the egg cells mature before they get released, and it happens once a month. The ovaries are also responsible in producing hormones including the estrogen, testosterone and progesterone. However, there are instances when a woman suffers from PCOS or the polycystic ovary syndrome. This disorder is one of the main causes of female infertility.
PCOS is characterized by a hormonal imbalance affecting the growth of the follicles that may lead to multiple cysts formation. Some of the symptoms of PCOS include menstrual disturbances, obesity, acne vulgaris and excessive growth of body hair. Fortunately, you can take advantage of PCOS treatment in Ayurveda if you want to cure the condition.
Ayurveda identifies PCOS as a sort of kapha disorder. This is the reason why ayurveda treatment for PCOS addresses the root cause and the reproductive organ known as artava dhatu. The good thing about this treatment is that it requires you to follow a diet that can cure polycystic ovaries.
Ayurvedic diet plans usually include fresh vegetables, fruits and other foods. Some of the recommended fruits for PCOS treatment in Ayurveda are pears, peaches, plums and dried fruits like raisins, figs and dates. Women suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome may also experience heartburn that is why it is necessary to avoid fermented and spicy foods.
Common Herbs Used in Ayurveda Treatment for PCOS
- Shatavari – It is also known as Asparagus racemous that helps in upholding the normal growth of the follicles in the ovaries. It also regulates the menstrual cycle and invigorates the reproductive system of a woman.
- Guduchi – It contains anti-inflammatory properties that help in combating chronic inflammation that is considered as the root cause of ovarian cysts and insulin imbalance. This herb helps in boosting the metabolism and revitalizing the body tissues.
- Shatapusha – It is also called as fennel seeds that work best in treating PCOS. The seeds are rich in phytoestrogens that are useful in eliminating the inflammation. Likewise, the phytoestrogens reduce the cellular imbalance and prevent the formation of PCOS.
- Triphala – This is a combination of three fruits including Amalaki, Haritaki and Bibhitaki. This is a popular PCOS treatment using the Ayurveda approach because of its classical formulations. It is also a good source of vitamin C, which is a good antioxidant. This makes it effective in detoxifying and cleansing the system.
- Aloe Vera – This is another herb used in PCOS treatment in Ayurveda. It regularizes the menstrual cycles and promotes normal menstruation. It also helps in balancing the hormones in the ovary.
- Dandelion root – This herb is good as liver cleanser. The liver commonly accumulates toxins that are the main cause of developing hormonal or menstrual problems. By taking this herb, all the accumulated toxins are flushed out, thus preventing PCOS.
- Milk Thistle – it does not only cleanse the liver, but also balance the hormones that are significant in treating PCOS.
If you are suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome, you should not feel hopeless because there are many ways to treat it. Aside from the PCOS treatment in Ayurveda, you can also find other home remedies that are effective in curing the condition. However, if the condition is beyond the capability of holistic approach, then it is about time to seek medical intervention. Avoid taking this condition for granted.