In this era of fitness fetishism, it should be easy as pie to get your body back in gear. Right. You may wander through a haze of mind-numbing Google searches -an endless blur of diet books and websites -but nothing may work as good as detoxification.
Luckily, the vital organs in human body such as kidneys, liver, skin, spleen and intestines are divinely engineered for eliminating the toxins produced as by products by our body’s own chemical reactions. But then, they give up to toxic overload created by polluted environment, improper and unbalanced diet and unhealthy lifestyle.
The best way is to detoxify the body using herbs, natural extracts, vegetables, fresh fruits and other natural ingredients. But then, if you practice it wrongly, you may end up in hazards. Moreover, there are certain cases where people have faced adverse reactions due to detox therapies!
Things to remember before you start any detoxification program:
- Never do a juice based or any other kind of extreme detox for more than two days without any medical supervision.
- The aim of a detox program is to cleanse the body and not to lose the weight. So work and expect accordingly.
- Remember that when you return to your normal diet after any detoxification program, it would usually bring the weight right back up.
- Two ways to protect your liver from the worst effects of alcohol are to eat a lot of beets, and abstain for a week on a regular basis to allow the liver cells to regenerate.
- The worst time to detox is right after a period of excess. it forces a weakened body dealing with the sudden release of accumulated toxins. So, be careful before you actually set up your mind beginning with the program.
- Brown rice acts like a ‘pipe cleaner’ as it travels through the intestines, absorbing waste and flushing out at the end with feces.