The most common causes that induce a person into obesity and over weight are the effects of irregular eating and excessive consuming.
In Ayurveda medicine texts, it is stated by Charak Samhita that there are eight body types which are disease prone. Out of the eight body types mentioned, an obese body is the most vulnerable body of them all being subject to various diseases and disorders.
Ayurveda health studies refer to obesity as the state of the body when excessive deposition of fat occurs in the adipose tissue.
All extra fats contained in the body will strain the heart and kidneys together with the liver, but not only that, it will even strain the joints like the knees and ankles.
All these tendencies result in obese bodies suffering from high blood pressure (together with all the consequences this disorder is responsible for), coronary thrombosis, diabetes, arthritis together with gout, liver and gall bladder disorders.
A health herbal suggestion in order to avoid or reduce obesity consists of these main points to remember, namely; regular exercise and controlling your eating habits whilst keeping in mind to avoid anything with
An Ayurveda Recommended Diet for Weight Loss:
– In the early morning, consume a glass of warm water with half a lemon and a teaspoon of honey.
– Taking breakfast wheat or mung bean sprouts accompanied by a cup of skimmed milk.
– In the middle of morning, take a glass of pineapple, orange or carrot juice.
– During lunch hour, steamed/boiled vegetables or a raw salad containing such ingredients as
carrots, tomatoes, cabbage and cucumber. Otherwise you can opt for whole grain bread or chapattis together with a glass of buttermilk.
This diet herbal solution gives you the opportunity to even have another choice available for your lunch; roasted cumin seeds together with coriander leaves, a pinch of salt and grated ginger mixed in buttermilk.
– Mid-afternoon take coconut water, dry fruits, lemon tea, fresh vegetable soup.
– For dinner, take whole grain bread or chapattis, steamed vegetables, seasonal fruit excluding banana and apples.
Home Remedy in Ayurveda Practices
– Consume more fruits and vegetables together with low calorie foods.
– Avoid using too much salt.
– Milk products and non vegetarian food should be avoided.
– A type of mint consuming is beneficial.
– Herbal nutrition herbs are always healthy and can be used in different ways.
– Regular carrot juice consuming.
– Avoid rice and potato.
– A teaspoon of honey taken with warm water is also helpful to reduce fat, also if mixed with lime.
– Raw or cooked cabbage is also of great value for fat reduction.
– While exercise and walking are of most importance and effectiveness.
Home Preparation of Herbal Medicines
– Juice: Leaves, flowers or stems crushed or ground turned into a paste then put into a cloth and squashed to extract the juice.
– Powder: Dried herbs ground into fine powder and stored in a dry and air tight jar.
– Decoction: Boil the healing herbal chosen (herb: 1 to water: 16 ratio). Break the herbs and leave soaked
overnight. Boil mixture until only a quarter of the original contents is left and then filter and store in a glass bottle.
– Infusion Suggested: Ayurveda herb soaked in water (herb: 1 to water 8 ratio), to make an infusion, and in case a hot infusion is needed simply mix the herbal remedies to hot water.
– Paste: Use either fresh or dry herbs. Roots, stems, flowers and even bark can be grounded or crushed and mixed with water. Must be left thick enough to form a layer on the skin.
– Tablets: First dry the herbs and mix in dry powder form, using balanced proportions. Add water or herbal juice to form a paste from which to proportion the tablets.
– Medicated Ghee and oil: Ghee is cooked with herbal juices, paste or concoction heated at a controlled moderate pace.
Ayurvedic treatment for weight loss